Wednesday, January 18, 2012

New to the group

Hi,

My name is Karen and I have a fabric addiction.  And I start WAY more projects than I finish.

Whew! That's over!  I've been trying to catch up on all your stories, and mine is similar.  I really want to finish some old UFO's and I dream of being ALL caught up. It will never happen of course, but I can dream. :)

Actually, I have a Quilt Studio and teach quilting, so am constantly creating new samples and a lot of them are based on what I want to do. I justify the non finishes because it's easier to hang flimsies.  But I really need to work on getting them done and not have a closet full of flimsies to quilt and a stack of project boxes.  Which is why I'm here. To be publicly accountable. Thank you for helping me with my problem.

I will post my Top 12 UFO's I'd like to finish this year in my blog, www.passionatequilter.blogspot.com unless I need to do it here?

I'd like to be brave and do Top 12 UFO's (quilt tops not finished) and Top 12 Flimsies (quilt tops not quilted).  I had to divide my list into UFO's and Flimsies just so the list wouldn't be so long, ya know? Does anyone else do that?  I also have H(u)SY's (haven't started yet) projects. I figure it's not really fair to list them as a UFO if I haven't even started it yet, because I could change my mind and no fabric was harmed in the meantime.  I think some of you know what I mean! LOL

Anyway, great to be here and look to encourage others and be encouraged on our quests to be FINISHERS!

Karen
PS..I've been at my daughter's watching 5 grandkids for 8 days...1 more to go and then I get released from Munchkinland. It's been fun, but hard to do anything on my own. So will post pictures when I get home.

3 comments:

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Hi Karen, sounds like you have many UFO's. I'm new to the group and have a fabric addiction also. Good luck with all your projects this year.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Hi Karen, sounds like you have many UFO's. I'm new to the group and have a fabric addiction also. Good luck with all your projects this year.

Susan said...

Welcome aboard !! Saw your list - and I love the colours in Nanas Garden. (It is a terrible addictin we share isnt it?)