Thursday, January 27, 2011

And sew I've finished one........

Finally, with the month nearly over I have my first Sew It's Finished finish.   I started it in 2008, and only had to sew on the dragonfly button, sew the final seam and stuff it.  I know - what is wrong with me - it took me all of about 20 minutes this morning.  So now, finally I can add one to the tally!




This is In My Garden Needleroll by Shepherds Bush. Isn't the little dragonfly a sweetie?  The verse says, "In my garden, gently grow, buzzing blossoms, row by row."
  
There's been some beautiful finishes here already - keep up the good work girls....... happy stitching ...........
Nicky
http://farmgirlstitching.blogspot.com/

EDITED TO ADD:  I have changed the font in this post as it seemed to come out very small and was unreadable to some.  Apologies, not sure what happened, but hopefully this is now fixed!  Thanks

12 comments:

rubyslipperz1052 said...

very pretty! an wonderful verse!

hugZ,
annie
rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

dls said...

You are a whiz at finishing projects..... and such pretty ones too.... love the soft colors and embellishments. You need to stop showing the rest of us up!!! :)

Question, did you change the font on this posting? On my computer, it appears to be a cross between English and Cyrillic. Sometimes, I run across blogs where the font looks like this and I am so disappointed in not being able to read the text. Am curious if it is my computer or that I don't have that font. Thanks for your time in answering this question.

Leeanne said...

How sweet!! I think we all have crazy finishes like that, we have them unfinished for years, but when we FINALLY get around to finishing them it doesn't take long at all!!!
Thanks for sharing, that really it lovely.

Susan said...

Its so pretty - you just have to wonder why we all put off these little things. Never mind, its all done now and onto soemthing else

Sue said...

That is an absolutely beautiful needleroll. Shepherds Bush have really lovely pieces. Yours just proves it. :)

Maria said...

I just love your stitching and the button is so cute.
Well Done Nicky.

Doris said...

Very cute, and well done on finally getting it finished!

Sheila said...

What a pretty needleroll , very dainty ,love it!

dls said...

Thanks, Nicky..... much better. Didn't want to sound like I was complaining.... but I enjoy the blog and want to read the content.

Have a great weekend.

Wendyb said...

I do love that button......
don't those finishes drive you crazy??? They sit there nagging at you for years and once you've done them, you wonder what all the fuss was about!e
Well worth the wait though...it's beautiful!
sew many sugary hugs
Wendy xX :O)

Thearica said...

This is one gorgeous neckroll!

May I ask where you acquired the dragonfly button?

Chris H said...

OH that is so very pretty! ... and beautifully made. Well done Chick.