Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Getting Started

This is the first time I have posted to a blog-perhaps it might give me the inspiration to start my own some day- but little steps first for now- and getting on with the task of reducing my stash of UFO's and maybe then I can get on with the next lot of kits etc that are waiting to get started. My problem is that there is just too much out there to tempt us and I am often 'time poor'. I am working on finishing some cushion covers for my mum and trying to stitch my way through A Redwork Christmas especially now that I have bought the book Tis The Season- see my problem- I haven't finished one Christmas quilt and I am already planning the next one. The inspiration from all of you on this blog is just what I need!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Welcome Lyn, its so nice for you to join us and looking forward to seeing your finishes... and Christmas quilts I agree, I have about 6 unmade ones... I better get going too as its not far away..LOL...
Hugs Dawn x x x

Wendyb said...

Oh Lyn, I think we can all relate to that one...it seems life just gets faster and faster....it's important though to take time out for you and your interests!!! Can't wait to see your first finish with us
Sew many hugs
X Wendy :O)

Chris H said...

It is awful seeing or thinking of a really lovely new project... knowing that we have a cupboard full of UFO's!
I hope this blog helps you and the rest of us to finish all those projects we started.