Thursday, January 20, 2011

I'm getting there in really small steps.

Hi,

I hope everyone is making bigger progress than I am, it seems that I work on stuff but nothing get's finished.

There has been some small steps though.

This is the piecing I am working for a 9 patch that my grandmother started (you can see the rest of the story on this block on my blog).
I need to work on the pieced sashing and then I can sew the whole top together.

I've also been working on Kaaren at The Painted Quilt's Raggedy Ann & Andy redwork stitched pieces. She has been doing these as a BOM and I'm nearly caught up (as you will see below). I'm doing these a bit different than she is, mine will be a wall hanging.

This all the blocks, so far, layed out on my bed.

These are stitched pieces from block one.

Block two.

Block three.

Block four.

Block five.

Block six.

The last bit of stitching to do. She will have another block out at the end of the week.

This is the fabric I will use on the wall hanging. It will go really good with the blocks because...

I plan on doing the last pieces with this.

Well, nothing finished but there is progress.

If you have nothing better to do or just want to look for typos in a blog, take a peek at mine, trust me there will be alot of typos because I don't seem to be coordinated enough to type or spell well. Plus, I'm one of the weirdest people you will ever "meet".

Thanks for reading along,
Wanda
http://wandas-quilts-crafts.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

rubyslipperz1052 said...

Thanks for sharing, Wanda! You can't be "wierd". You play with fiber and that's NOT wierd. ;P

Progress is always good - typos or no typos. There probably are very few visitors here with no projects in progress. Besides my PIPs make me feel needed. =0)

hugz,
annie
rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

dióhéj said...

They are very nice.

Lynette said...

How lovely to have all those bits and pieces of your grandmothers. So nice to keep her work going.
I've downloaded all the blocks for the raggedy ann and andy as I think they are just so cute. Glad I havn't started them though as that would be another UFO I would have to add to my list.I think your blocks are just lovely

Wendyb said...

Oh Wanda....every step is a step forward!!!!! You're doing fine...if it makes you feel better, I'm only up to the second block of the raggedy Anns - i freaked when I realised another one was due this friday!!!! LOL
just keep plod plod plodding along...you'll get there!
XXX sew many sugary hugs
Wendy :O)

Sue said...

Tis the salami method, Wanda....One stlice at a time....will be done before you know it!

Chris H said...

Progress is good Wanda, I look forward to seeing your UFO's finished.