Saturday, January 8, 2011

I've FINALLY given birth......

….to finish number 2!!!!  hehehe…..I bet that got you thinking!!!???
Well, I’ve been working hammer and tong to get this wall hanging ready to celebrate the birth of a friend’s baby in December and I didn’t want him to be celebrating his 21st before he received it!!!!



It’s “Once Upon a Time” by Natalie Lymer from Cinderberry Stitches and was featured in the Kid’s issue of Australian Homespun….Number 89 (Vol 11, no 10 if you’re interested). 




The fabric I used was Zippedy Doo Dah by Sandy Gervais which made it very masculine I thought, and brought this little fella to life..



I didn’t follow the plan exactly but used all different threads to suit…some DMC, some Cosmo, some Mouline by Madiera and some Cottage Garden, and I love all of them





Hope Riley loves it too…..now off to sort out UFO number 3!!!!!
Sew many sugary hugs
Wendy  80)

10 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I adore it! Excellent work too.

Billie

Anonymous said...

Awesome work!! It is so cute!

Lynette said...

What a lovely gift. Also a design that he won't grow out of too quickly.

Susan said...

Lovely - that pattern is so good for a boy - and I love the colours you chose - arent variegatd threads wonderful?

Sue said...

Wow, what neat stitching! I just love doing stitcheries too. Especially when they are incorporated into quilts or wall hangings. You are doing well to be up to number 3 UFO!! I havent finished any yet. :0) Hugs n Blessings, Sue.

Dawn said...

Oh Wow No 3 already and my no 1is still sitting there... But I have been writing patterns for deadlines and stitching secret stuff.
Hugs Dawn x x x

Sheila said...

Just adorable , I love the color choices , it does give it a masculine twist .I know they will love it!

Sue said...

Congratulations....it is a beautiful finish.

RG said...

It's gorgoeus Wendy and Natalie's designs are so adorable.
Love the way yours finsihed!!
Riley will love it :-)

Chris H said...

It is very pretty. Looking forward to your next finish.