Thursday, January 13, 2011

My first finish.... #1

G'day...... great to meet all of you and it has been wonderful to see the wonderful work that has been posted on this site ..... I am pleased to join the ranks of the UFO finishers.......

This is a quilt for my Grandie # 5:


~ the perfect backing ~


~ in the ditch quilting around the pictures ~


~ soft and cuddly ~


~ it is moving to England at the end of the week ~
~ I will miss it ~

The pattern is by Lynette Anderson and called "On The Farm".... I made a few minor adaptions eg instead of buttons I did satin stitch and one of the chooks I converted to a turkey....... (since they are on a turkey farm!)

9 comments:

Maria said...

Welcome Fiona.
I am sure your little Granndie will love it.

Karen en Marc said...

This is so beautiful, she will be so pleased. Well done. I do love it.

RobynLouise said...

Lovely quilt, but being a farm girl myself, I'm a little biased.

Dawn said...

Love it Fiona... well done I am sure the recipient will adore it and it will be well loved...
Hugs Dawn x x x

Susan said...

I am sure you grandchild will adore it!

Wendyb said...

Yay.....one down!!!!! I love your adaptation with the turkey!!!....too cute!
do you get to take it to England too??? (LOL)....you can always go visit!!!!!
sew many sugary hugs
Wendy :O) XXX

sunny said...

How cute!

Chris H said...

It sure looks soft and cuddly... I hope the recipient in England loves it. I'm sure he/she will actually.

Sue said...

That is absolutely gorgeous. Each time your grandie uses it, it will be like getting a cuddle from you.