Friday, January 7, 2011

Salami Method....One Slice At A Time


I'm currently tackling my smallest WIPs. Yesterday this one was found lurking in a suspicious manner with two other WIPS. It was a homeless block from last year's Homespun BOM. It is now leading a productive life as a heat pad for the dining table.


Yesterday this embroidery had no fixed abode. It had been wandering for so long it was nameless. Now it leads a productive life as my e-book reader cover.


When I found this WIP yesterday it was an unstuffed lavender pouch. It experimented with life as a square quilt ruler pouch, but found its true calling as a travel needlecase.

7 comments:

Maria said...

Well Done Sue.

Anonymous said...

Well done! Always nice to have something old finished!!

Susan said...

Good Job!! Its good when we can re-purpose things. Funny how we stop nearly at the finsh point sometimes. (The lure of another project maybe??)

Wendyb said...

I love the way you've used your blocks Sue.....I recognise a couple of stitcheries there. Just beautiful
Sew many sugary hugs
Wendy :O) X

Elizabeth Newton said...

Hi Sue,
We spotted your clever adaptation of a BOM block from Homespun and wondered if you'd like it considered for our Readers' Showcase pages - along with some text rather like what you wrote here?
Regards,
Elizabeth Newton
Deputy Editor, Homespun

Chris H said...

OK.. I have learnt another name for UFO's... WIP's! I presume that stands for Works In Progress?
I also call mine PHD's... Projects Half Done!

Cheryl said...

I am also working on multiple PHD's - sounds so intellectual! Love the alternative uses for these items Sue.