Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Instant Gratificiation



One of the things I enjoy over the festive season is cross stitching a Christmas design. If it doesn't get finished before Christmas, it tends to sit for months before I do anything with it. I was beginning to waver on my resolution to work on my WIPs for the next few weeks, so decided a bit of operant conditioning (ie a bit of instant gratification finishing) was in order. I checked my WIPs for something small. I made A Star On Top by Blue Ribbon Designs into a needle case this afternoon. A first step towards forming a new finishing habit!

The rest of my list for 2011 is:

A Gardener’s Journal.
Halloween needlecase.
Holiday Morning Quilt.
Lap quilt (green bricks).
Orphan blocks (various).
Chinese coin purse tablecloth.
Sing, Choir Of Angels applique wall hanging.
Sing, Choir of Dark Angels applique wall hanging.
Skinny table runner.

It's not in any particular order, as I have the attention span of a lobotomised amoeba. I do have my eye on the tablecloth next, closely followed by the green lap quilt. A Gardener's Journal I intend to chip away at over the year.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Well done on the resolve to get a better habit going... FINISH is the way to go..
Looks fab..
Dawn x x x

Marilyn said...

Beautiful cross stitch and goes perfectly on your needlecase.

Wendyb said...

love the first finish.....looks fantastic in red and white.....very 'noel'-ly!!!!! hehehe
sew many hugs
XX Wendy :O)

Chris H said...

Hee hee... I got two BIG finishes done first.
I left all the smaller ones, does that make me a nutter or what?
Good luck with your UFO's.