Monday, January 17, 2011

Lurkers



Do you have lurker WIPs? They are the type that have us wondering how on earth they got where they are. They seem to appear when we are making a dent in our WIP pile just to make the numbers grow! I'm pretty sure I have more than one lurking just like that.

This mug rug was one of those lurkers. I made a small tablecloth at the end of last year and had just enough of the red leaf fabric left to make a mug rug. I find these really handy. This one is just the right size to fit under a big bowl of soup. (Curling up with a bowl of hot soup in the summer with the air conditioner on is heaven.) That was its secondary purpose....They are fun to make, whether simple or complicated.

5 comments:

BubzRugz said...

Funny how those 'little' projects lurk around..... I love that leaf fabric...
Hugz

Anonymous said...

They lurk... but they probably only need an hour and they'd be finished. Why don't we just finish them in the first place?! Well done on the finish!

Chris H said...

Yep, I've found a few lurkers too.
I just love the mug rugs... I've made a few now, but down here we call them coasters. And coasters are usually made of wood, glass, plastic etc. But I like the fabric ones the best, cos you can wash them, and the condensation from a cold glass gets absorbed and doesn't drip off the bottom of your glass when you raise it!

Lynette said...

I don't even want to think about how many lurkers are in my cupboard but as people post various things, they remind me of similar projects that I know are lurking somewhere and at some stage will need to be finished. Your mug rug is very nice

Wendyb said...

they lurk.....and they breed!!!!!....in the back of the cupboard....but we'll work through them all and get them done, won't we!?
Lovely fabric choices too, Sue!
XX sew many sugary hugs
Wendy :O)