Monday, January 3, 2011

Jo's 1st

I love New Years, all refreshed and raring to go but every year starts out that way and then I get distracted and all my plans for completing WIPs go out the door as other new ones get added to my list (by the way I'm still yet to formalise a list!). Over the last two days I pulled out a project I started in September 2009. It was put on the back burner because one of the fabrics I chose didn't give the contrast needed. So after lots of unpicking it's now found a life as a completed top, just the quilting to do!
Most of the fabrics are from Moda's range called Blessings and the green is a Judie Rothermal one (I think?)
I hope to add lots more posts to this blog this year and I hope to read about lots of other finishes too!
Good Luck to everyone
Jo

7 comments:

Wendyb said...

I love it, Jo!!! Looks like plenty of contrast in the photo...I really like the way the pink (red??) brings out a secondary pattern! Just yummy!
sew many hugs
XX Wendy :O)

Dawn said...

Oh can't wait to see this completely finished. What quilting are you going to do????.... so sweet and fab colors
Hugs Dawn x x x

Melody said...

Hi Jo,
I love the fabrics you have chosen here. Looks great.

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful! Good luck with the quilting stage!

Maria said...

Yah!!! What a great finish.
Looking forward to seeing the completed quilt.

Sue said...

That is lovely. Well worth all the unpicking. This time of year is deadly isn't it, with all the new BOMS etc.

Chris H said...

Have fun quilting it... and I can't wait to see more of your finishes.