Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Let me introduce myself.

Hello Everyone, I'm Fiona @ Dragonfly-Crafts and I start things and don't finish them.

I have only been sewing again for about 4 years and thought I'd never have quilts tops sitting in a cupboard. I was doing so well to start with, as finances made me look for other ways/options to complete quilts such as back with polar fleece or use old blankets, mattress protectors etc as wadding.
1) Leanne's House - Ruth's Quilt (June 2006)


2) Depression Quilt - (April 2008)

3) Spring Fling - (May 2008)
4) Nundle Flannel Quilt - No Photo (Aug 2008)

5) Paper bag Quilt (Dec 2008)

6) Love Quilt - (Sept 2008)
7) Amy Butler Tablecloth - (Jan 2009)
8) A Gardener's Journal - (Started March 2010)

OMG! It all adds up doesn't it. This is only the quilt tops. I have searched for anything else YET.

10 comments:

Sue said...

Good to see you here, Fiona.

Anonymous said...

Hello, Fiona !
Welcome to the club, dear ;>)
Feels sooo good not being alone in this "quilt-drama", heehee....
And by the way, your quilt tops are just GORGEOUS. Stitch by stitch, one after another, I'm sure you're gonna finish them, they deserve it!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
NADINE

Wendyb said...

hehehe....beginning to sound like an AA meeting!!!! Well, the first thing is to admit it, so they say....and we're all here to help you through! ( I'm giggling because I'm definitely NOT one to talk!!!! hee hee) These are all going to look absolutely fab when they're quilted and bound.....the hardest part's already done!
sew many sugary hugs
Wendy XX :O)

Maria said...

Oh you Go Girl.
won't be long and you will get them done . One at a time.
Beautiful Tops.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

lovely work..and keeps you out of trouble...lol...

Susan said...

Well the list is done - now you just need to decide which one you do first - and try to not get distracted with new things - its tough though! They are all lovely quilts.

rubyslipperz1052 said...

Dear Fiona,

Please know (my own confession here) that you are not the only one who starts and doesn't finish. =D

I attempt some rationalization with the following: "it's not the destination but the journey that is important"

hugz,
annie
rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

Wanda said...

I love the AA analogy, so true. You are definately not alone. My list seems to continue to grow and it's not all quilts as I do other crafts as well. We are here for you, as someone told me not long ago...small steps.

Wanda
http://wandas-quilts-crafts.blogspot.com/

Chris H said...

Well those are some gorgeous quilt tops you have there! I hope you finally get some totally finished. good Luck!

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

hi Fiona,

you have some very lovely goodies there, time to get them finished huh, well this not so little blog shoudl help you..and all of us to get there.