Thursday, January 13, 2011

First Post for me...

I have big plans for my UFO's but I have had some commitments to finish up first. One reason why I wanted to join this group was that I didn't want to have the pressure of time limits. I would love to have posted about a finish but I don't have one yet. I will be digging one out very soon - I am not sure which one but I want to give it to my mother in law. She and my father - in - law have probably just lost most of their possessions in the Brisbane flood and I think she needs a quilt. I have also just remembered a nearly finished tote bag which she might like as well.

It is not so nice having reasons like this to make us finish things but it makes me smile to think that UFO's are giving me nearly finished projects which I can get done quickly when I need them.

8 comments:

Chris H said...

Great idea to make your first few 'finishes' for your family who need them the most. It is so very sad about the Queensland floods.

Sue said...

I'm sure both will bring comfort.

Anonymous said...

Oh Lynda... I'm so sorry to hear about your in laws. If there is anything we can do... please let us know.

Sue said...

So sorry to hear about your family Lynda. My sister & her family live in Queensland, but thankfully they are all okay. I agree that UFO's are a good way to make a quick present, I have never thought of using them for that purpose.
Hugs n Blessings from Sue x

Susan said...

I think a quilt - especailly form a family member will bring a lot of comfort - which all the affected people need so badly. It has been a very bad few days here in Brisbane - though fortunately our area is not affected at all. Bigs hugs to your MIL & FIL.

Karen en Marc said...

I'm sure that you're quilt will bring a smile on their faces in such a difficult time. A great idea and so full with love.

Wendyb said...

A quilt will mean the world to them, I'm sure....thoughts and prayers are with them and others who have lost so much in the floods. It's tragic.
sew many sugary hugs
XX Wendy

Liz said...

That is very touching and would be very comforting for your MIL. Sorry to hear about their losses.
I like the no time limits as well with this challenge. Take care