Monday, January 24, 2011

My First UFO off the list!

Phew....this was a marathon of a quilt.

A friend asked me to make a quilt for her sister who was due with a girl in January....the first time someone would be paying me for a quilt! Of course I left it to the last minute and I made this whole quilt from start to finish in 2 days!




All washed and crinkly it measures 40x52in




It was certainly hard to give this one away!


 My friend loved it! Which I was just so relieved about.

Bliss is an absolutely gorgeous fabric line...I might have to make a full size of this quilt for my bed!

Happy Sewing :)

Erin :)

8 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

quick job and nice too....

Seams Sew Together said...

Love your quilt, it looks beautiful!

dls said...

Beautiful, just beautiful! I am so in love with this line of fabric.... don't you like the pink and red together and the blue..... it's all lovely!

Your back is so fun..... Thanks for sharing your photos.

Wendyb said...

Erin, you've done a magnificent job!.....just so 'bliss'ful!!! hehehe I'm sure that little bub is gonna love it for a very long time!!!!!
sew many hugs
Wendy xx :O)

Leeanne said...

Hey good for you!! The quilt looks lovely

Diana said...

A whole quilt in just two days? Wonderfull!
It looks really lovely, I can understand your friend perfectly!

Loves to Quilt said...

What a sweet quilt! Please let me know the pattern!

Chris H said...

Well done Erin, it's gorgeous! Is that baby leg in the photo of the recipient of the quilt?