Sunday, January 30, 2011

Seminole tote finished.

Last year at our local store Sew This and That we had a regular class (called Free Block Frenzy) where we had a demonstration then made seminole strips.  At the end of the year we had a number of them in different lengths and widths, to be made into a quilt or other item.  I decided to make a large tote.  I had seen this pattern in a magazine:

It is designed by Leanne Valiukas from Patchwork and Stitching Vol 8 No 11. (Photo from the magazine)

I did lots of calculating, measuring, alterating, joining, sewing, trimming, to make the strips into the required sizes.  I then added lots of pockets (some were in the pattern, some I added myself to use up more of the blocks I had made). 
And here is my finished bag:

This will be a very handy bag to take to classes as it is a good size for fitting in all the bits and pieces needed.

10 comments:

Susan said...

Excellent work it must be a good feeling to put all those bits to a good use.

Sue said...

Well done Marilyn! I remember that pattern in the craft magazine. Your design looks great, and I am sure it will be very handy. Hugs n Blessings from Sue x

Maria said...

What a great way to use up your bits. A fantastic useful bag.

Lucky-1 said...

Wow what a lovely bag..love the colours:) Well done.

Dawn said...

fabulous bag Marilyn... Looks great and will come in handy
Hugs Dawn x x

Cheryll said...

Fantastic job on the bag. I love it. I'll have to check if I have this mag and then go make one myself. Thanks for the inspiration!

Sheila said...

Wonderful bag and you were so creative in the use of your seminole strips .Congratulations on a great finish .
Sheila

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

love the bags...keep it up... I love looking at them

Thearica said...

I have never been a big fan of the quilted bags until 3 of my friends made me one... Now I love them!

Yours is very pretty! well done!

Chris H said...

I will have to 'google' seminole strips... I have no idea what that means. I just LOVE your bag, it is to die for. I love bags..lol!