Tuesday, January 11, 2011

TWO FINISHES... WOOOO HOOOO !


ABOVE:  here are my first two 'finishes' for the year.
I started the STAR Quilt way back at the beginning of 2008, and now my 2nd son has it finally.
The Heart Quilt I started in 2009.. and my 3rd son now has it.
It's such a relief to get them done!

BACKGROUND ON ME:  I have a daily blog... where I yabber on about anything and everything... including weight loss, family, sewing.... well hell,  anything really!  I started sewing about 3 years ago... and realised I LOVED IT... so bought my first really good machine and have not looked back. 

I love sewing brights... I'm not a 'subdued' sorta person!  lol    I am not that good at quilting... I tend to just do long, wriggly lines on my quilts.... I'm scared to try anything else!  My machine does 'free motion' sewing, but I am crap at doing it! 
My machine was 'the machine from hell' for a year... constantly back in the shop due to jamming issues, but it seems to have settled down now, thankfully.  I still don't trust it that much...*sigh*

So, if you want, pop over to say 'Hi' on my daily blog!

7 comments:

rubyslipperz1052 said...

Oh! The colors are luscious!! I can't believe all the stuff you get finished! You are an inspiration.
hugZ,
annie
rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

RobynLouise said...

Great colours in those quilts and a 'Yay for the day' for completing them!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Hi there...don't under estimate yourself....they are lovely...I've been handquilting for about 20 plus years...maybe you should try it...very relaxing...slower; but I love it..and practice makes perfect with the free motion.....lol

Wendyb said...

Love the brights on whites...clean and fresh looking....great to see them done!
sugary hugs
Wendy :O)

Dawn said...

Hey Chris, sorry for changing the font color, we have been having lots of trouble with blogger..we must be were doing lots...LOl... so we kept it black so it doesn't muck up... the only thing I can think of is the different colors and size.... we see the colorful you in it though....
Hugs Dawn x x

Susan said...

Love the colours - I am nto too much of a subdued person either - though ocassionally I quieten down.

Sue said...

Fabulous quilts, Chris. Brights are always good. As for the free motion....the more you practise the better you get. Things like mug rugs are a good size....if you don't like it....the bin isn't that far away! lol