Monday, January 10, 2011

Cushion Finished.

Back in October last year, I started the first block of the Breast of Friends quilt. I wasn't happy with my quality of embroidery, so I started a new block and this one hung on the wall.

It just stared at me and mocked me, saying finish me....finish me....

So that is what I did, yesterday I put a zipper in the back piece. Joined it all together and sewed the binding onto the edges.

Today I hand sewed the binding and all finished.

Its now a cushion for my lounge chair where I love to sit and do my stitchery.


Due to the blue washable pen fading, I didn't worry about the top part of the stitchery. I am sure that would have made me undo what was already done...lol.

Also I put a binding around the edge and that fabric matches the dove's wing on the left.



The back I decided to add a zipper and I didn't want the zipper dead smack in the middle.

So this UFO is now a cushion and I am sure if I didn't join this group, it'd still be annoying me.

Very happy with the end result.

You're only limited by your imagination.

10 comments:

Lynette said...

Well done. Its actually nice to have something like this where you sit and sew. Enjoy

Sue said...

That is a lovely cushion.

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks girls:)

Susan said...

Funny there have been a couple of people making that block into a cushion - and presumably not finishing the rest of the quilt! But it looks so lovely - it was that block that got me into that Breast of Friends Quilt and although I am glad I finished it - it was a big job.

Sheila said...

Beautiful cushion and a great use of a pretty block , congratulations on the finish !

Wanda said...

I think it's beautiful. It looks like something that will draw you in to sit and have a good stitching session. Great work.

Wanda
http://wandas-quilts-crafts.blogspot.com/

Chris H said...

It is a very pretty cushion, well done on finishing it.

RobynLouise said...

Re-purposing something always gives one a good feeling and I love how you re-purposed that block into a pretty cushion.

Dawn said...

so cute you lucky 1... hope I can see it for real on Tuesday...LOL
Hugs Dawn x x x
PS. no thinking I am sure I will.. he he

Wendyb said...

Looks fantastic and I love the colours you've chosen...just beautiful....and no more mocking...woohoo!!!!!
sugary hugs
Wendy :O) X